Sunday, August 24, 2014

Roasted Golden Beets

Beets and I always had a love hate relationship, more of the hate from me, though. As a child, I never really gave beets the time of day. It tastes like dirt, I used to tell my mom. Thankfully those days are gone, and I'm now a huge fan. Red, golden or sugar, give it to me. Here's a quick recipe for roasting golden beets.
 
IMG_5782.JPG
 
Ingredients
2 Golden Beets
Salt and pepper
Vegetable Oil- enough to cover the beets completely
1 Tbsp of Butter (melted)
Parsley for garnish
 
Method
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Cut off the top and bottom from the beets and season them with salt and pepper and oil and wrap in aluminum foil. Place on the center rack in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool a bit. Scrape off the skin and slice or dice the beets, drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with more salt and pepper. Dive in :)
 
IMG_5780.JPG
BNW~

No comments:

Post a Comment