Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cous Cous Curry with Sugar Snap Peas and Chicken

Dinner is ready! Make this for your family and earn some brownie points guaranteed. It's one of my favorite dinners to cook. I mean, it has curry, so what's not to love? Try and tell me what you think.
IMG_5658.JPG
 
Cous Cous-Ingredients:
1 Cup of Cous Cous
1 Tbsp of Curry Powder
1 Tsp of Cumin Powder
1 Packet of Chicken Bouillon - I use the Goya Brand
2 Cups of Water
1/4 Cup of Chopped Red Bell Pepper
1/2 Cup of Chopped Onion
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 chopped Walnuts
Handful of Raisins
 
Method:
Heat olive oil and saute onion and bell pepper with curry and cumin powder. After 5 minutes, add the bouillon and water, allow to boil and then add cous cous and remove from heat. Cover the pan, walk away, do something for about 5 minutes and then back to the stove for the finishing touches. Add the raisins and walnuts, fluff with fork and leave uncovered until you are ready to serve. Best served warm or closer to room temperature. Here is the recipe for The Sugar Snap Peas  and I seasoned a chicken breast cajun style and baked it for 25 minutes. I made a glaze to top it off (you can use your favorite) and viola..

Here's my table setting that night :)
IMG_5660.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment