Saturday, October 4, 2014

Cracker Stuffed Lobster Tail

Welcome to heaven on a plate. When I was eating this lobster, I could hear a chorus singing sweet melodies in my ear. It was a peaceful 30 minutes that I would have held on to if I could. At some point during this meal, I eventually put the knife and fork to the side and got down and dirty with my fingers just pulling the meat from every corner of the shell. Can't do that in a restaurant, now can you? Any who, my taste buds were very happy and since this was a fraction of the price of restaurant lobster meal, my pockets were equally happy, too. Let's go!
IMG_5980.JPG
 
Ingredients 
 
2 Lobster Tails
2 handfuls of crushed saltine crackers
2 Tablespoons of Chopped Onion
2 Tablespoons of Chopped Bell Peppers
1/2 Packet of Chicken Bouillon (powdered form)
1 Tablespoon Parsley
3 Tablespoon Butter
1/4 Cup of Water
1 Lemon- sliced
 
Method
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Boil lobster tails for 6-7 minutes, or until the color of the shell turns light orange. I used rock lobster so they are not red like the Maine lobster shells. Once cooked, remove from hot water and place in a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process and to cool quickly. In a saucepan, melt butter and spoon out a tablespoon and set aside. To remaining melted butter, add onion and pepper and parsley and cook for 5 minutes. We are getting there, just exercise patience. Add the crackers, bouillon and water and cook for 5 minutes and stir frequently. You should have a homemade stuffing consistency at this point. Cut the lobster tails open with a pair of scissors. I had to stuff mine from the belly because the shells were so damn hard to crack. Brush the inside of the lobster tails with the melted butter that was set aside and season with salt and pepper. Pack the stuffing inside the tail to the point where you have some extra stuffing on the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden and the center is nice and hot. Roast the lemon slices for 10 minutes and use to garnish the plate and sprinkle over lobster..
Allow to cool for a few minutes and serve with your favorite sides. I whipped up some garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli to go with this. Looks like my job here is done, go on, eat up your homemade lobster tail and come back to leave your comment. Peace out.
BNW~
IMG_5978.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment