Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Seafood (Mussels, Shrimp and Crab Legs) Curry Fest


Seafood (Mussels, Shrimp and Crab Legs) Curry 


I love curries, and I find ways to play around with the spices to create a balance for the meal. I go for earthy and bold when I am doing chicken dishes. No coconut milk when I am doing goat meat, and I leave off ginger and use a small amount of cumin for seafood. Sometimes, though, I do leave off the coconut milk if I am doing a quick curried shrimp steam or boil. There are so many ways to make curries so I am having my fun on this exploration :)



Ingredients
1lb Cooked Snow Crab Legs
1lb Raw Large Shrimp (Deveined)
2 Cups of Cooked Mussels with Juices (I had leftovers that amounted to 2 cups and they were cooked in garlic, white wine, butter, lemon and salt and pepper)
2 Tbsps. of Curry Powder-I used a Jamaican Brand called Grace but the McCormick one is great as well
1 Onion- Chopped
½ Red Bell Pepper- Chopped
½ Green Bell Pepper – Chopped
1Tsp of Crushed Red Peppers (Use less if you are not a fan of the heat)
4-6 Fresh Sprigs of Thyme
1 Tbsp. of Oil
¼ Tsp of Cumin
1 Packet of Chicken Bouillon
1 Cup of Water
I Can of Coconut Milk

Method
Heat oil and sautee, onion and peppers until they start to soften. Add curry powder, chicken bouillon and water and cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, crushed red pepper, thyme and cumin and stir and cook for another 5 minutes. Add your crab legs, (ensure that you crack the claws and bend the legs to allow the flavors to soak in). Add the mussels and shrimp and cook for 10 minutes. Taste and add salt and more pepper if needed. The chicken bouillon and curry powder were already salty and spicy so I didn’t need to add anything to mine.
Suggestions:
You can add more seafood if you’d like, or just change it up to include what you have in your house. I am sure this would work great with scallops. Enjoy
BNW~



No comments:

Post a Comment