Monday, May 28, 2012

Jamaican Seasoned Rice with Salmon, Kale and more Veggies





Salmon fell apart as I was plating.

I love seafood!
For starters, here is a salmon dish with lots of veggies, and some Jamaican Style seasoned brown rice. This is a quick recipe, 40 minutes top, including prep time.

Ingredients:
1lb of fresh Salmon
1lb Brown Rice
1/2lb Baby Carrots
1/2 Bunch of Kale
1 Head of Broccoli
1 Packet of Jamaican Maggi All Purpose Seasoning
Lemon juice
Garlic Salt
Olive Oil
1 Tbsp of Butter
Pepper

Method:
Preheat over to 400 F. Wash rice then add 2 cups of water (water should be approximately 1 inch above the rice). Season with all purpose seasoning mix. Cook on medium for 20 minutes and then lower heat an cook for 5-10. I like my rice al dente so an additional 5 minutes would work for me, if you like it soft, go for the 10 extra minutes.

Salmon:
Rinse salmon with lime or lemon juice, and pat dry. Lightly season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with Olive Oil, bake for 15 minutes or until flaky in preheated oven.

Broccoli and Carrot:
Cut broccoli into small pieces and add to pan along with carrots. Add butter, 2 tbsp of water and a dash of salt. Simmer for 10 minutes on low-medium heat.

Kale:
Rough chop kale into small pieces and add to pan, along with lemon juice, garlic salt, pepper and Olive Oil. Steam for 6-8 minutes on low -medium heat.

Clearly you need at least 3 burners and an oven for this meal. I use a toaster oven whenever I have a small dish to bake, so the salmon can relax on the top shelf while I prepare the other items. If you follow this order, you'll have dinner ready in no time.
I have also made the rice with some frozen veggie mix, I will add that picture another time. But you simply add the corn, green beans and peas mix, and a spoon of soy sauce about 10 minutes before you turn off the stove, stir well and let simmer.

Another meal I love so much. I hope you will enjoy it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment