Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pork and Pineapple Stir Fry

20140515-201126.jpg


After my late night outings on the weekends, I usually stop for $1.25 tacos on my way home. It's quite a popular spot for the drunks in town, similar to a diner at 2 in the morning. The difference is that this restaurant serves all Mexican cuisine and attracts majority latinos, but there is something there for everyone, even if it's just rice and a beverage. There is something about those tacos that keeps me going back for more in the wee hours of the cold and somewhat windy Denver nights. I love it so much, so that I decided to make a stir fry using my late night snack as the inspiration. They use diced pork nicely seasoned and grilled on the outdoor hot surface with pineapple and onion. Here is my take on the $1.25 taco filling.

Ingredients
1.5lbs Diced Pork (moist and tender)
3 Strips of Bacon (fried and cut into bite sized pieces)
3 Slices of Pineapples
1/2 Bell Pepper
Two Slices of Onion
Two Cloves of Garlic
All Purpose Seasoning
Oregano
Salt and Pepper
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil

Method
Season pork with salt and pepper, oregano,  and all purpose seasoning and let marinate while you chop the vegetables, pineapple pieces and fry the bacon strips. Heat pan and add vegetable oil. Sautee pepper, onion, garlic stirring occasionally until they start to soften. I like to do this as it will add flavor to the oil prior to cooking the meat. Add the meat and let cook for 6 minutes turning twice. Add pineapple chunks, bacon pieces and water, cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir, taste, add more salt and pepper if needed and cook for 2-3 minutes. Allow the stand for a few minutes before you serve.
I served this deliciousness with country wild rice blend. Super tasty combination.
Notes
This is not a spicy dish, but if you want some heat, simply add some habanero or jalapeno with the bell pepper. Also, you can serve this in corn taco shells like they do at the Mexican restaurant where I got the inspiration for this dish. It was perfect with the rice, so the choice is yours. Enjoy whichever you choose~
20140515-201149.jpg

BNW

No comments:

Post a Comment