Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Jamaican Mango and Black Bean Salsa





Veggie time. I am a BIG mango lover. Mango in my meat dishes, vegetable dishes, chutney, by itself....all fantastic on my taste buds.  If you are not a fan, you can replace it when your favorite hardy tropical fruit.


Ingredients:
1 Large Mango
1 Cup of Corn
1/2lb Uncooked Black Beans or 1 Can of Cooked Black Beans
1/2 Green Bell Pepper
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1Tsp of Sugar
1Tsp of Lime Juice
Salt and Cayenne Pepper


Method:
If you choose to cook your beans, start off by cooking them ahead of time, drain and set aside. Dice the mango, and pepper and add to the beans. Add all of the remaining ingredients, stir and refridgerate for a couple of hours. Serve chilled.

Variations:

After you've created the colorful side dish above, you can add tomatoes, and carrots for crunch. I did both versions, but the simply black, green, and gold was more pleasant on my palate.








No comments:

Post a Comment